After the holidays, there seems to be a dull roar in the office, a sense of apathy and melancholy can sometimes prevail as the weather gets colder, and the holiday cheer has been blown out of everyone’s sails. Motivating your staff is a yearlong predicament, and one that can be approached from different strategies. Do you offer performance bonuses? Commission for your sales team? Incentives for high-achieving employees each month? #motivate #employees #bonus
While all of these are great ways to motivate your staff, we’d like to offer a few simple solutions as well. These will be easy on your bank account and effective when implemented correctly. Employees are appreciative of recognition and acknowledgement of a job well done, so as long as you keep that at the front of your mind, you will be an effective and motivating leader with these helpful hints.
According to a Gallup poll, almost 70% of Americans are actively disengaged with their work. How depressing! Let’s turn those numbers around with a few simple strategies.
1. E-Learning: online webinars, training, and cost effective strategies for employee engagement.
2. Employee Acknowledgement Programs: reward employees for a job well done with a simple certificate or a low-cost gift card to Starbucks. Have monthly team meetings to recognize high-achieving employees that month!
3. Sunshine Programs: Celebrate birthdays and work anniversaries, and to make sure you don’t forget, create a “Sunshine Team” each year who runs the program.
4. Empower your employees to come up with innovative ideas (i.e. like that one employee at 3M who came up with Post-It Notes!)
5. Challenge your employees each time they reach a new goal. Set the bar higher each time, and see how it affects your team’s potential and growth!
There are millions of other ways that you can motivate employees to succeed, get creative and have team leadership meetings once a month to collaborate with your managers as well. The more ideas that are out on the drawing board, the more successful your efforts will be.