“Since all companies have an online presence these days, they all need people who know how to build online and mobile platforms,” he said. “In addition, they need technical people who can manage and store data that helps them make better business decisions, compared to years ago when businesses didn’t have data management at their fingertips to review and analyze. I expect these jobs to continue to be hot and in-demand for several years to come.”
Andrew Chamberlain, Chief Economist, Glassdoor
The top ten jobs as identified by Glassdoor’s survey include what the base salary is, as well as the current number of job openings. This not only gives job seekers a clue as to what pays the best, but it also points out the best jobs for work-life balance as well as the current need in the job market. If you are currently looking to change up your career path
, taking a look at what Glassdoor says about the high earning potential, demand, and balance is a great way to start exploring your options for the new year. Without further ado, here are the top ten jobs for 2016.
- Data Scientist – Currently 1736 job openings in the U.S. market, and an annual base salary of over $116k. Companies need people who can manage and store data, just as Mr. Chamberlain notes above. These people are in high demand, and are also noted as having great work-life balance.
- Tax Manager – Currently 1574 job openings, with an annual base salary of $108k.
- Solutions Architect – Currently 2906 job openings, with an annual base salary of over $119k. “In 2016, we are seeing a rise of engineering, technology and professional business-related positions,” said Lauren Griffin, senior vice president at Adecco Staffing USA.
- Engagement Manager – Currently 1356 job openings with an annual base salary of $125k.
- Mobile Developer – Currently 2251 job openings with an annual base salary of $90k.
- HR Manager – Currently 3468 openings and an annual base salary of $85k. HR is also on the top list for 2016 issued by Career Builder. “It’s so rewarding that HR, a field that many of us knew was incredibly valuable and integral to the overall success of an organization, is finally gaining the recognition it deserves,” Laura Mazzullo owner of East Side Staffing (NYC) said. “You cannot have a successful business without successful people and a successful culture.”
- Physician Assistant – Currently 3364 job openings and an annual base salary of $97k.
- Product Manager – Currently 6607 job openings in the U.S. market and an annual base salary of over $106k.
- Software Engineer – Currently an astonishing number of 49,270 job openings! Annual base salary is in the range of $95k for these roles and there is clearly a HUGE demand for these employees.
- Audit Manager – Currently just over 1000 job openings with an annual base salary of $95k.